Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shaking Off The Dust Of Winter

I'm so glad winter seems to finally be on its way out the door. Even though we moved further south and didn't even get one single little bit of snow, unlike our storm riddled neighbors in the northern part of the state, It's still been dreary. It always makes me happy to see a smidge of green on the trees, flowers popping out of the ground and trees in full bloom. I decided our neutral little house needed some pep so I dragged the boys to Hobby Lobby for some fantastic pots and pretty garden angel and then to Lowes where they helped me pick the brightest Gerber Daisies in the green house.

We moved the boys pea gravel filled sandbox outside and we're all in heaven. They get to dig, I get to sit and drink coffee and read, it's the best way to improve my mood!




Lil' Spitfire found this beautiful, injured moth by the patio and consoled him in his soft little voice "It'll be ok little guy."

We're lucky to be in a newly built house that actually has trees, a rarity around here. The boys think it's a big adventure to walk through them. I think it's great because I send them on "treasure hunts" where they bring me the trash that blows over from the construction next door!

Both boys think it's big fun to eat outside.

2 comments:

  1. happy april first!

    what a great springy post!

    xo
    m & e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! and I'm glad to see some pictures of my human nephews ;)

    ReplyDelete