Thursday, April 16, 2009

Parenting Phase Two

My boy in not the one jumping on the stage, yippee!!!! He is the cutie in the green sweater vest.

Last night Mr. Golden Curls had his first choir concert ever. We were sure we were going to get a performance worthy of Americas Funniest Home Videos but he did such a good job! My husband and I sat in the audience, cameras stuck to our faces and beaming with pride. Afterward he was beaming too, but that might have been the mention of an ice cream cone on the way home! Good job baby boy!

Going to this concert made me feel like we are starting an exciting new phase of parenting. One that sends my boy a little more out into the world and out of the home, that includes concerts and sports and, in the fall, school. And a phase that makes me feel just a little bit old. Can I be old enough already to have a school aged child?! Turning 30 didn't make me bat an eye but something about having my boy be old enough for school makes me realize I'm *gasp* an adult.


3 comments:

  1. He's such a sweet boy! Aunt S and Uncle P are so proud of you Mr. Golden Curls!

    And, yes, you are that old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a new a wonderful phase! This past fall my youngest moved away to college! Now that is a strange feeling. But I got used to it very quickly! Kids keep things very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you have an award! :) Come on by!
    Cheers!
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete