Monday, April 6, 2009

Get Thee Hence June Cleaver

I was not initially thrilled when I found out we would be moving to Suburbia. But when I thought about this being a brand new neighborhood where everyone would be new and we might be able to help set a tone of friendly community I was pretty excited. I decided I wanted to be the neighborhood welcome wagon and since we were the first to move in that was a pretty doable plan. Now it's been six months and there are about 11 occupied houses, amazing how fast that happens! I'm ready to start making the rounds. In preparation I channeled June Cleaver this weekend, made Oreo cookie balls (amidst many SNL jokes. If you don't know what I'm referring to climb out from under your rock and click here.), bagged them (so hard to refrain from jokes!), made house shaped tags with a little "hello, we're the psycho circus that lives in the house on the top of the hill" note on it and we're ready to stroll the loop! It took me so tremendously long to make these silly cookie balls that I'm done being June Cleaver. Though I think I should don some heals and an apron when we make the rounds, just for effect.

4 comments:

  1. My moms and I thought that was very neighborly of you. We would love to have you for a neighbor.
    You should get the BIG HEART AWARD.
    Love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that sounds kinda fun actually. And, how you made it through that whole post without a giggle inducing joke beats me! That is one of my all time favorite skits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very June of you! Do you own any heels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly I do own several pairs of heals and more amazingly, most of them have even been warn in public!

    ReplyDelete