Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Time To Celebrate!

I can't believe it's been 5 whole years since I became a mamma! In so many ways it all still feels brand new. Yesterday we celebrated Mr. Golden Curls' 5th birthday in Buzz Lightyear style and it was so much fun. Apparently he enjoyed it as well since in the middle of opening gifts he paused to loudly declare "This is the best birthday I've ever had!" I love anything that makes my boys happy and brings family and friends together in my home. There were friends and family and even some of our wonderful new neighbors. I hated to see everyone go!

Our first time with a birthday classic, the pinata! We went for the pull string kind. I'm guessing The Bohemian was thankful for that since he's the one who ended up holding it for lack of a good hanging spot.



Mr. Golden Curls asked for "a big kid bike with brakes" so that is what we got him. I imagine it'll take some time before he's comfortable enough to take the training wheels off, but he seemed very proud of his new ride.


The boys with two of their cousins. We are still surrounded by construction equipment!

Lil' Spitfire wanted dressed out in brother's pads and helmet. Oh yes, and a baboon Velcroed to his back all day! Oh, but tell him it was a monkey on his back and his response: "It's not a monkey, it's my jet pack!" He has always loved dressing up and it can lead to some pretty strange outfits and accessories!


Mr. Golden Curls also asked for a pair of cowboy boots like Grandpa's and of course Grandpa was happy to oblige!

We love you baby boy!

5 comments:

  1. How cute is that!!
    Too adorable :D
    Glad you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute !!! I am happy I found you (via etsy forum) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics from this day! 5 years... quite the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he is five years old either! It was so good to be there and be able to love on my babies again.....all of them, big and small! I too hated for it to come to an end.

    Happy Birthday Graham, Grandma and Grandpa love you and hope you have another....best day ever!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had so much fun! I really hated that we had to leave early. We miss you all so much.

    Happy Birthday Nephew! It was a pretty terrific day.

    ReplyDelete