Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding


The true reason we went to North Carolina wasn't for a needed vacation, though it did end up being that, it was to see my good friend Billie get married. Billie and I have known each other since we were 12, when my family moved to Fredonia, NY, and we've been friends ever since. My family moved again about 5 years later, this time to Arkansas. I have made other fantastic friends over the years but Billie and I are just so much alike. I'm always amazed that when we're reunited after years of not seeing each other, hardly calling and only communicating spottily over e-mail that we come together again as though we'd just visited the day before.

I was so excited to be at her wedding, to get to know her husband-to-be and to be a participant, I read a poem during the ceremony. It was also wonderful to have a chance to visit with her and her family, I'd forgotten how much I miss them!

Father and daughter making their way down the aisle.

And they're wed!

The Location of the wedding was Claxton Farms in Weaverville, NC. The Bohemian and I soaked up the view the whole time, it was a gorgeous setting for a fall wedding.

The reception was held right there in the old tobacco barn. I have to say when I first heard the wedding would be at a farm I was doubtful but this was beautiful! We also feared the cold but with heaters, hand knit shawls and dancing we were just fine. There was even a bonfire with marshmallow roasting supplies!

The reception tables inside the barn.

The old rafters, where tobacco was hung to dry, were strung with lights.

The beautiful bride and I. I'm wearing one of Mozzy's shawls. The bride's mom knit two baskets full of shawls for guests to don if they got too cold.

This isn't the best pic but I really like it. It's of the bar at night. The groom is up there in the darkness somewhere.

These pretty twig globes hung from the tent.

The barn and the bluegrass band, too much fun!
Such a beautiful wedding gown, she looked just like a princess!

The bride's dad sat in with the band playing banjo for the bride and groom's first dance, I'm impressed!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was sooooo much fun! And what beautiful Fall foliage and setting. Congratulations to Billie. Best friends are best friends no matter how long or how far you are separated! I am glad you got to go! Kiss my boys for me!

    ReplyDelete