Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Experiencing History

I'm not typically a political person. At the age of 31 this is only the second election I've participated in. I've never before felt that there was a candidate who would make a difference and had no interest in choosing the lesser of two evils. This time around was different. I was filled with excitement and hope, I made sure I was registered and we voted early on our way out of town, kids in tow. I was glued to the tv last night and was not disappointed by the results. I saw history in the making, I saw a change taking place and hope in people's faces. I feel like last night was the beginning of something that has such potential to be wonderful. I have hope that this country, the world, will now start to become something that will be better for my boys, something I can be proud of. Last night this country elected hope. Please, come through for us!


Four year old on politics
Pappa: Something very important happened last night, do you know what it was?
Mr. Golden Curls: Yea!
Pappa: What was it?
Mr. Golden Curls: Soccer ball became Neenee ball.
Mamma: That does sound very important.
Mr. Golden Curls: It is very serious, there aren't even any toys. (lack of toys has recently become his symbol of how serious, aka boring, something is!)

1 comment:

  1. Today really does feel different. I just get all teary thinking about how momentous this is!.... (and the exhaustion is not helping, lol.)

    ReplyDelete