Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Yard Is Born

When we moved into our house we kind of expected the whole yard to be sodded. We were a little surprised when they only did the front, leaving the sides and back a mess of dirt a debris. Once our front yard started to green up I think the builders realized how bad the rest of the yard looked and they told us they had decided to sod the rest of the yard. What a relief! Today was the day.


Yesterday Lil' Spitfire stood like a statue at the back door watching a bulldozer level our backyard and clear it of grass and debris

This morning we were awakened by a mob of men unloading palettes of sod. I made the mistake of looking out the front window to see how big the delivery truck was. "What is that guy across the street doing?" I ask to my sleepy, pre-coffee self. "OH! He's peeing!" Another of the joyous moments of living in a place people think is uninhabited.

Mr. Golden Curls and Lil' Spitfire peak out to watch the guys rolling out the new lawn. Lil' Spitfire didn't leave his spot at the door until they were finished!

Ahhh, lush green yard. Well, not quite. Right now it's more like slightly browning crunchy yard but with about 3 weeks of watering it twice a day it should be perfect. I can't believe how much bigger and cleaner it looks now! I am a very happy gal today, I'm feeling more like this is a house, maybe even my house, and not some kind of bizarre temporary shelter.

1 comment: