Monday, September 8, 2008

Be Still My Soul

This weekend was full of wonderful in-law fun! And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I think I'm one of the few people on the planet who really does like their in-laws! My husband and I are always in awe of the fact that we both have families who raised us well, are still together (and should be), and where everyone on all sides gets along. This weekend the church that my father-in-law has worked in for the past 25 years threw him a blowout bash and we went to celebrate this major accomplishment. Spending 25 years in ministry period is a huge deal but doing them in the same church is practically unheard of. It was wonderful to see them both honored so beautifully, they both deserve it. The best part was that my husband and his dad sang a duet Sunday morning, How Great Thou Art, and then that evening my husband sang Be Still My Soul, which he does sitting at the piano and so soulfully, that I tear up every time. As an adorable itty bitty cherry on top we also got to celebrate my youngest nephew's first birthday! Congrats on surviving your first year with 3 older siblings Baby JW!

No comments:

Post a Comment