Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's In Their DNA


Boys. Rowdy, dangerous, don't always pay attention, leap before they look, snips and snails and puppy dog tails. They can't help it, it's in their DNA and now one of those boys' DNA is on his shirt, my coffee table, my new carpet, my sofa, my kitchen towels and my favorite pair of lazy pants. Somehow while "napping" he managed to fling himself from the couch and into the metal corner of the coffee table. Poor guy, he was very brave while Mamma worked hard at staying composed and trying to decide if this was worth figuring out where the emergency room was and sitting in it for 3 hours before the nurses washed it off with soap and water and sent us on our way. After a call to my mom ("mom I have a minor mommy emergency I need your advice on") I decided a trip to Pappa for a second opinion and then Walgreens for liquid bandaids would suffice. Mr. Golden Curls thought liquid bandaids sounded like a super cool thing to go shopping for and acted like we were at the candy store when we hit the bandaid section. He pointed at each and every different style of bandaid (of which, I must admit, there are an impressive number) and each time he said, "Mamma, look what I found!". I was just concerned about keeping him quiet and locating the goods as quickly as possible so as not to suffer any "look at that kid's head, what a crappy trailer park mom, what's she doing here, she should've taken her kid to the emergency room" kind of stares.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Baby! I believe there was a bone sticking out on that one!

    Is that a real bandaid or a photoshop sticker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photoshop job you did! I think it's a right of passage to injure yourself while napping. I had crawled up on some metal Elfa shelves when I was small to "nap" and I fell off and tore a huge gash in my back.

    I don't remember the fall, but I remember the bandaging. I suppose kids have a thing for wrappings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be some photoshop and found clipart. He happened to be watching while I edited his pic and he thought the little guy putting a bandage on his head was pretty silly.

    idyll, I had a pretty good sleeping injury too where I fell out of bed and busted my chin. I don't remember a thing about it but I still have a scar.

    ReplyDelete