Monday, September 29, 2008

The Campitarians

Morning sunlight and campfire smoke

This weekend we went camping! The weather was perfect and it was so much fun. The Bohemian spent the weekend feeling super-manly at Bikes Blues and BBQ while the boys and I roughed it in the wild with my folks. OK, you got me, we weren't roughing it exactly but with a 2 and 4 year old a tent, latrines and limited running water is majorly roughing it.

Dew covered spiderweb in the morning sun

The original Campitarian. Mr. Golden Curls, what a goof. He wore his "camping hat" (aka plastic bowl) all weekend. We decided he was starting his own cult since we went camping on a Sunday and he looked so freaky!

Not even camping can keep the folks from a Razorback game!

Lil' Spitfire has a live one! It's not camping until there's a campfire and smores!

Ooie Gooie Goodness, that smore's nearly as big as his head.

Dirt covered, scraped knee boys enjoying some smores

We have a visitor! Our good friends join us at the campsite and we get to introduce their little girl to the wonders of the smore! She was born only 3 weeks after Mr. Golden Curls so they've been buds from the beginning.

Grandpappa helps the kiddos


Grammy helps the tiny one up the steps. I promised the boys some swimming so on the last morning I kept my promise, and rued it, it was freezing!


The boys were lovin' the camp chairs

The Bohemian having a macho moment, well, macho until I started running through the grass like a big dork trying to take his picture!

Thanks Carl Dog for giving me this much better pic of the Bohemian!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a blast! I love camping and am counting down the days until I head out into the woods again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotcha covered girl. Here's a pic of Bill on the bike:

    http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=792133&l=4ca70&id=741692169

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had a blast! It is sooooo camping weather... yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. youve been tagged- check my blog for details

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, hooray for smores ^-^ Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you like camping. For me roughing it is when the TV doesn't work at the Holiday Inn.

    Just a side note - Rock looks much cooler on that bike. Not that I'm bias. Although, my baby brother does look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete