Saturday, August 30, 2008

"And To Your Left You'll See...

...the suburbanite in its natural habitat."


I have to say it's been pretty strange being the first to live on our street. It basically means we're neighborless and living on a construction site. The construction hasn't bothered me as much as I expected and of course the boys eat it up, they get to watch tractors and dump trucks all day! There are some houses when you first enter the neighborhood but then you go all the way up the street and there we are at the top of the hill. Then going down the hill there are about 10 houses in various stages of construction. What this has meant is that any time I take the boys to the front yard and driveway to play I feel like an advertisement for the neighborhood (they only sodded the front yard so it's the only place we have to play until that is remedied). There are constantly people driving by at 5 mph rubber necking to see if it might be a place they want to live, or maybe just being nosy.

Today we brought some more stuff to the house from storage, I took some boxes inside and when I went back for more there was a couple having a serious discussion right smack dab in the middle of my driveway! I was a little surprised but just said "Hello!" politely. "Hi." and they start back into their conversation. Then suddenly a light of realization "Oh, you're living here! I'm sorry! We've been looking at a house up the street." and off they go. Actually I think the random people have been kind of fun. We did get to meet our soon-to-be neighbor yesterday. I'm very excited because they have a 2 year old too, a girl but that's alright, it seems everyone we know has all girls.

2 comments:

  1. I bet they do love all the construction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new home and neighborhood! Looks like a nice place to be!

    ReplyDelete