Saturday, August 9, 2008

08.08.08

These proved to be our lucky numbers and we FINALLY closed on a house yesterday! Yippee! We are now the proud new owners of a cookie cutter suburban home in a little yuppie gated subdivision and, against all I thought possible, I couldn't be happier! This morning we picked up some donuts, chocolate milk and Starbucks mochas and had a picnic breakfast on our kitchen floor. I also christened the kitchen floor by spilling coffee on it while trying to set the timer on the camera. The sad part is that I was more upset about losing the coffee than about spilling on my brand spankin' new floor!

I should use the timer more often, I never get a picture where everyone's looking at the camera at the same time!

I'm already scheming about how to cutesie up our nice but somewhat bland house

Hello suburbia! I feel like I'm on the set of Edward Scissor Hands while they're building for the scene where they show the neighborhood of his new family.

The back of the house needs some serious aesthetic help but we got the only flat yard in our part of the hood so yay!

And there are trees!

The boys make sure the wrestling is just as good here as at the old place

Some silly things in our new house that I'm way more excited about than I probably should be:

I have a new refridgerator!!! A nice spacious one that isn't tan with images of brown wheat inside of it with unidentifiable stains and rust on the outside! Don't get me wrong, I was thankful for the last one (thanks Sarah!). It was free at a time when we needed one and never could've bought one for ourselves and it has served us well.

Mmmm, did I mention I have a new spacious fridge?


dark cabinets, a garbage disposal (woohoo!), a window to the living room and a quirky outlet on the side of the counter

brand new windows that open and shut like a dream, hole-free screens in every window, vinyl flooring that looks like real tile, silver lighting fixtures and door knobs instead of gold and a view of trees in our backyard

Move in day is Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited for you! As great as a quirky old house is, there is definitely something to be said for new appliances, new windows, new everything... Just ask Idyll. :) I was a total geek about our stainless appliances when we bought our house a couple of years ago.

    Oh, and may I suggest some cute shutters on that front window and a bright paint on the front door? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punkinhead, great minds think alike, shutters are #1 on my list of things to cutesie up the the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Yay! And just think....all you have to do is move in! You don't have to paint anything, or patch anything! And hip, hip hooray for all the new appliances....we women get silly over such things! I am sooooooo happy for you....all of you!

    More pictures please...of the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So happy to here the family is reunited and under your own new roof! So cleansing and refreshing to know that you're in brand spankin new territory...I tried posting yesterday but couldn't for some reason...hope it works this time! Can't wait to see you soon!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skip the duck pond this time... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, we are absolutely skipping the duck pond this time around! Blech, what a total pain in the fanny!

    ReplyDelete