Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our New Friend Tortilla

The Angels have had their six year old granddaughter staying with them since we took up residence here and the three kidlings have made fast friends. Lil' Spitfire can't pronounce her name but the first thing he's said every morning upon waking is "where's Tortilla?" So Tortilla it is. This evening we went down to the kitchen for post nap snacks and Tortilla's wonderful dad, who is a youth minister like the Bohemian, offered to take the boys along with his daughter to play at his church's nursery while he does choir. I don't think I've made a faster run for the diaper bag ever! This is the first obligation-free total break from the boys that I've had in awhile. I was so excited I grabbed some diet cokes and a bag of chips and reclused to the attic for a few hours of not knowing what to do with myself and loving it! Just goes to show, angels beget angels.

We also had a great first day at our new church. I think the fact that we've been there a few times helped the boys. After church we stood in the lobby chit chatting with some people and turned to see Lil' Spitfire sitting on the steps, donut in hand, surrounded by four very attentive older girls. I think he's gonna like it here!

And here are some pics of our first day as a reunited family.

"Weeee!" Lil' Spitfire's getting brave on the big kid swing

Mr. Golden Curls decided a few weeks ago to be a big ole toot about having his picture taken and ran away from me at the park to hide behind a tree. Gotcha!

This is me showing the boys how to "climb" a tree

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Glad to hear you guys have such a fun new church! ^-^ Looks like a blast and hooray for guilt free, kid free time ^-~

    ReplyDelete