Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recovering From The Seven Year Itch

Monday was the Bohemian and I's 7 year wedding anniversary; year of copper, wool and the 7 year itch. Saying we've been married for 7 years never really seems to do our relationship justice since we dated (read: put up with eachother's college, seed-sowing shenanigans) for 6 years before getting married, and we're not even tired of eachother yet! As a joke my mom bought us some hydrocortisone cream ("a little something to relieve the seven year itch"). Little did she know when she bought the stuff I would actually be in need. No, don't worry no thoughts of straying, just seems I've somehow gotten myself in a bit of poison ivy somewhere. Not exactly sure where, wish I did so I could violently annihilate it, but it's taking over my body and itches so badly it hurts. I'm starting to fantasize about a good scratching with sandpaper! It started as a tiny spec on my hand but I must of changed clothes while I still had the poison on me because it quickly spread to...umm skip ahead if this may be tmi area...my entire bra area, yes my boobs are completely covered in poison ivy rash and this morning it started spreading to my face!

On a happier, ivy-free note, my parents were here this weekend and watched the wild monkeys so we could go on a date! So we headed out and spent way too much money eating way too much tasty food at the Olive Garden and then headed over to Lowes. I know you're thinking "Ohh, Lowes, how terribly romantic guys" but seriously when you have kids your ideas of fun change dramatically. The thought of being able to shop for our new mailbox project without:

"Golden Curls, put those address numbers back on their hooks!"

"Spitfire, the mailboxes aren't for climbing on!"

"Boys, no wrestling in the aisles!"

"You have to potty AGAIN?!"

the whole time is absolute heaven!

The Bohemain did good on gift giving. Gorgeous red placemats, stainless steele ice bucket, and wine racks that attach to the underside of the cabinets. I on the other hand couldn't find my gift idea and ended up telling him at lowes, "ok, image I hand you our wimpy little plastic level and it has a ribbon around it attached to a card that says something like 'thought it was time for an upgrade' and then something sweet and poetic about how you level me out or something and that's your gift, a new level" Yes I'm the romantic one in our relationship. So he ran over like a kid at a candy store to pick out a new level then went home and checked to see how level everything in our house is. The verdict, pretty darn level.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on seven years! Sorry I forgot. I thought of it a few days before, but then that hardly counts when you drop the ball on "the" day now does it! Anyway, glad your parents are good at keeping up.

    So sorry about the poison ivy...believe me I can relate. Got get you some Benedryl gel, it will help tremendously with the itching. Then take Benedryl at night for the itching along with the gel. Hope it heals quickly.

    I love you both. Again. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - 7 years! Congrats. I'm glad to hear you dated a long time before that. My Sweet Boy and I are about to celebrate 4 years in October. Sometimes I think that's getting a bit long since we're both 27, but it works for us :)

    Poison Ivy is probably the ONLY thing I'm not allergic to. I've never got it and I've done a lot of black berry picking right in the middle of it (accidental). However, everything else itches the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Congrats on 7 years! Happy Anniversary!
    Sorry about the poison ivy, though. :(

    ReplyDelete