Friday, January 23, 2009

Ten Confessions Of A Super Nerd

It seems the lovely Erin over at Idyll Hands has tagged me! So, Honesty Scraps: 10 little known facts about me. I got tagged awhile back with a similar challenge, you can read that here, which makes this a double challenge as I try not to repeat myself!

1. I participated in tons of extra curricular activities growing up (softball, swim team, soccer, cheer leading, band, piano, bmx bike racing, running, beauty pageants, modeling, girl scouts, jazz dance, karate, belly dancing...) but tennis is the only one I stuck with. I played until I graduated high school.

2. I like Madonna. I like her music but mostly I like her because she had to work hard to come from nothing and she's an innovative, B.A., entrepreneurial inspiration.

3. In my past life I was a graphic designer, in my past past life I actually created real live art.

4. When I was a little girl I loved to read and set the personal goal of reading every book in the world. I had no clue that was impossible until I grew up and part of me still wants to fulfill the goal.

5. I really love snobby art films but some of my favorite movies of all time are Peewee's Big Adventure, Wayne's World and As Good As It Gets.

(I'm only halfway?!?!)

6. When I entered college my major was undecided because I couldn't decide between art and social work. I finally decided I couldn't hack it in the social workers' world.

7. I still have a pair of size 4 black satin pants hanging in my closet, not because I think I'll ever fit back into them, but because they're a symbol of a very fun time in my life.

8. Just after graduating college I lived in a tiny two room house with a Great Dane and 4 cats.

9. My favorite tv show is COPS and it makes me sad that I never get to watch it anymore because the boys are still awake when it airs.

10. I laugh hysterically and uncontrollably at the video montages on America's Funniest Home Videos.


BONUS nuggets for those who made it this far!

When the boys sleep I like to play with their stuff


The Bohemian and I like to act like idiots with my stupendously nice camera from my bro-in-law, Pickle Pete.

6 comments:

  1. Whatever - you don't have to tell people you like snobby art films, it's okay to LOVE Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

    Also, I love the moustach picture - well done :)

    ... I know you are but what am I...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto the art film stuff...and I don't think I EVER wore a size 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (pssst...I was being sarcastic in my comments, I really do love art films...I am in general a snob in the way of all things visual. If it's eye candy it's a winner with me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Sunny
    I admire all the energy you have stored up! I am jealous!
    Tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dang - I forgot I was tagged! I need to go make my list. I have to say, I don't buy the boy any toys if I don't think I'd enjoy playing with them as much as he would. Goes without saying, really...

    ReplyDelete