Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Merry Techno Christmas

The Christmas Convention of nerds. Indeed, that is 4 computers on the internet at the same time playing City of Heroes. The nerds from Left to Right: The Bohemian, Carl Dog and Pickle Pete (mmm, best sweet pickles ever, thanks Pete!)

Yes it's true, I live in the Land 'O Nerds which means technology is hard to escape even on the day of our blessed Lord and Savior's birth!

My husband got a Best Buy gift card, drove 2 hours round trip to go spend it in Little Rock and came back with a bunch of techno goodies to nerdify my computer. "You're not supposed to use your gift to buy me gifts!" but really I know it's a gift to him to be able to send some geekiness my way. So now my computer's all tricked out with brand new speakers (yea, I can actually hear what I'm watching!) and microphone. Add that to the web cam my folks got me and I've got one tricked out ride! Now, not only can I spend all day in my jammies with a mug of joe and my butt glued firmly to this chair but others can witness it, thanks honey!

Aren't they so cute? Little nerds in training! I was a Wii virgin before Christmas and I must say, it's pretty cool! all the adults could hardly wait to shove the kids off to bed so we could play with the Wii without all those pesky kids trying to horn in on our fun! We bought Dance Dance Revolution for our niece and nephews but their feet hardly touched the thing because the adults were too busy trying to live out their dreams of a featured spot on Dance Party USA. Ok, that was probably just me.

The boys enjoying a good old fashioned nerd toy of the RC variety.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!! My guy is a nerdy technogeek too... Got to love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he is! I certainly don't know my way around this thing!

    ReplyDelete