Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day With The Monkeys

Mr. Golden Curls with the Flamingos.

While in Texas my sis-in-law and I took all 6 of our kids and the little boy she watches during the week to the Dallas Zoo (oops, editorial correction, Ft. Worth Zoo). It was a fantastic zoo where you could really see the animals up close. It was also a perfect time, not too busy so we could let the kids run ahead of us a bit instead of fearing they'd get lost in a crowd.

The crew, minus me, I'm the one taking the picture.

My handsome explorers

A lioness playing with her babies fascinated the kids.

Mr. Golden Curls checking out the babies

Boy in a bubble, oh, and a meerkat

The penguin habitat was super cool. They even put on a show for us, swimming right past the glass. Later that night Lil' Spitfire told Pappa the zoo had a "penguin factory"!

My absolute favorite part of the zoo was the very last thing we did, visit the Primates. How fantastic to stare down the eyes of a gorilla from only inches away.

I hold onto Lil' Spitfire while he communes with his long lost twin. When we were walking up to the Primate building we told the kids in our best dead pan voices "Alright, this is where we sign you into your new home to live with the monkeys. It's been great knowing you, we'll come visit." We're mean like that.

3 comments:

  1. We did have fun didn't we. I'm so glad you got the picture of Lil' Spitfire and the gorilla fixed. You will have to send me a copy. Mine is still too dark. Oh, by the way not to be bossy...it's the Ft. Worth zoo. The Dallas zoo isn't near as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh - Ft. Worth zoo is FAR better than Dallas zoo (glad you corrected that)!

    I used to go there all the time when I lived in the mid-cities area. I miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an awesome zoo! Definitely puts ours to shame! :) The penguins are so cute.

    ReplyDelete