Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Study In Personalities

Two brothers with the same parents turn out as different as night and day.

Lil' Spitfire, my little animal whisperer, wanted so badly to be allowed to hold the birds at this cool exhibit at the Ft. Worth zoo. Full of curiosity without nervous hang-ups (like his Pappa)

Mr. Golden Curls got more and more creeped out as we walked the path and finally couldn't contain himself when he got buzzed by one of the evil feathered creatures. Ok, that was me too. I tried so hard to play it cool for his sake because I know he's easily creeped out and I did pretty well, only one quick yelp from me. Free birds in close range creep the heck out of me!

For Christmas we got the boys a sandbox and put pea gravel in it. They were very excited, Mr. Golden Curls had been asking for one for awhile, but we realized he wasn't getting in. We kept trying to encourage him to get in, "But it's wet and dirty." Lil' Spitfire dove right in without a second thought.

Mr. Golden Curls plays from outside of the box.

Wiping his hands disgustedly.

Finally the Bohemian says "Bitty, if you get in to play and get dirty we can go inside and wash your hands off when you're all done playing." That's all the reassurance he needed! This is also my doing. Poor little first born is going to suffer from all of my idiosyncrasies while his little brother enjoys the more relaxed life of his Pappa!

So, really I should say: Two brothers with the same parents, each parent as different as night and day, turn out as differently as night and day. Little surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment