Sunday, July 27, 2008

Skunk De-Funk And Other News

I finally had the chance to try and rid Maya of the skunk smell today. I always kind of thought the effects of skunk attack were a myth, but now I know it's not. Maya still smelled awful after 2 days outside! Thank you to glassbead, a fellow aretsian who gave me the skunk de-funk recipe that I now pass on to anyone unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of an angry skunk.

1 1lb box of baking soda
1 32 oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide
mix with a little dog shampoo
add a little water if needed to make it usable
rub all over your dog, working into the skin
soak for 5-10 minutes
rinse

I actually forgot to add the soap in the recipe. What I did was soak with the magic elixir, rinse and shampoo her. Seems to have worked like a charm. Her head does still smell since I didn't want to get peroxide in her eyes, but I can't smell it unless my nose is practically on her so I let her move back in. It's pretty funny to use, the peroxide made it sound like I was fixing a giant bowl of Rice Crispies in the tub!

In other news, we'll be moving on Wednesday. The house that we were supposed to be closing on and moving into on Thursday isn't finished. Actually they don't seem to have accomplished anything in the past few weeks, nor do they seem in a hurry to do so. That's tremendously disappointing but we're moving anyway. We'll all be living under the same roof again at the house of the angels that have taken in my husband. Being the extremely shy, social anxiety ridden person that I am, the thought of living with complete strangers for an unknown amount of time threw me into a bit of an emotional tizzy, to put it mildly, but I'm slowly recovering from that and trying to see the good points. Like the hugely wonderful fact that our family will be together again! The boys are breaking my heart these days. Last week when I told Mr. Golden Curls that Pappa was coming to visit he said to me "maybe if we play lots of really fun games Pappa will want to stay with us." and Lil' Spitfire, who usually watches Pappa drive off and then goes back inside to play, instead stood on the porch screaming "No! No! Don't go Pappa! Come back!" and cried for a good 5 minutes afterward. They're breaking my heart and it's time to go!

The boys have been at Grandma's since yesterday afternoon and I've been kicking some major bootie to wrap up the odds and ends here. There are a lot more of those than I realized! I closed my etsy shop while we move, that was really hard to do. It looks so empty and sad! But I look forward to re-opening with new enthusiasm when we're settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment