Friday, July 25, 2008

Pepe La Pew

Last night my dog high tails it to a shadowed corner of the yard then comes right back at top speed and starts wildly rolling in a small patch of dirt. "Maya, that's enough." I say this because she's just had a bath and usually saying this is all it takes to make her get up but she was like the deaf. Then it hit me, a wall of overwhelming, eye stinging, gag inducing stench that can only be a skunk.

Even though she was banished to the backyard, after a short treck through the house to get there, I think the smell must have been seeping in through every possible crack in the house. With my eyes burning and the aroma permeating the house, putting me in a nauseous stupor, I played in my mind how the skunk attack must have gone down in those deep shadows of the night.

Maya: Wow! Cool cat, never seen a cat like that before! Hi cat! Hi cat! Hi cat!

Pepe: Oh, hi there, umm yea, I'd love to meet you, just let me turn around and let you sniff my bum, as is your custom...KABLAM! Take that you creep!

Maya: Run away, run away, run away! Find mom. No! Roll in the dirt. Can't get it OFF! Jeez, a dog can't even be nice and welcome a new cat the the neighborhood anymore.

Me: What the heck is that dog doing now. Oh, crap, Maya, oh (cough cough gag) Come through the house Maya. Go out. NO, don't roll on the living room carpet! OUT, OUT, OUT! (shut door. quickly re-open to shove food and water out)

Maya: What is wrong with everyone tonight? Must be a full moon or something. Hey, wait a minute, why am I in trouble. It was the CAT mom!

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Poor Maya! I hope she de-funks soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, noooo!!! Poor Maya! Poor Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NO! Poor puppy and Maya, I am sorry that I am laughing, but your mom tells a good tail;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Maya. Those mean ol funny looking cats. ^-~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was GREAT! Thank you for the laugh - I'm sure the stench wasn't funny, but I still think the portrayal of the situation was great.

    ReplyDelete