Monday, July 14, 2008

The Bohemian Life Part VI

Baby steps. We're taking baby steps and it seems to be finally moving us out of our situation. The Bohemian got to move out of the apartment that he affectionately calls "the cave" and I "the nasty hole". He's met another youth director in town who's parents are angels. They have a large house, are empty nesters and feel that it's their responsibility to share what God has given them so they house people who need it. And my husband needed it! I can tell by his voice over the phone that it has made his life better.


I'm almost afraid to mention it for fear of a jinx but we have found a house in Hot Springs and have a closing date, July 31st! Even though it's not at all our preference for a house, even less than our last try, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! By the time we move in it will be 6 months of our living apart. And as soon as we decided to trust that God would take care of us if we took the leap to buy this house he sent us two people interested in renting our current house, after two months with a for-rent ad in the paper and no takers. Soooo, the moral of the story, TRUST GOD! You'd think I'd have that down by now.

3 comments:

  1. You'd think we would all know that by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what does the new (to you) house look like? I'm so happy you all will be together again. I'll be thinking about you as you settle in. I'm still unpacking a few boxes, but after almost 6 weeks in NY, we're finally feeling like we live here.

    And the WEATHER! I had to wear a sweatshirt outside last night. Blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now Shelley, no bragging on weather! It's 100 and humid here and we're in the middle of trying to move. Of course in the middle of winter when you're up to your eyeballs in snow I guess I'll be returning the brag :)

    The house is actually a new new house. And to answer your question, looks like every other house on it's street :) Right now we only have pics of it in progress and honestly I'm afraid to post any until it's a for sure, done deal. But they will come!

    ReplyDelete