Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Circles of Hell

So which circle of Dante's hell would I be in if I had been pinching pennies so hard my fingers were turning blue and starting to die because in a week I'm closing on a new house that would get our family of four under the same roof after 6 months of separation and I'm scared to death that somehow we won't have the down payment and then the central heat and air goes out in our current house, which we've been unable to sell but will be renting out to someone so is still in our possession and our responsibility to upkeep, and it breaks at 5 o'clock on a Friday when calling a CH/A guy out would cost an arm and a leg, on top of the normal arm and a leg, and the evening that it breaks I turn on the news to hear "this weekend will bring the start of our hottest weather this summer..." and by the end of just one day I'm so hot I'm sticking to myself and my dreams consist solely of lying naked in a bed of ice under a fan and not moving EVER, and my boys can't fall asleep for their naps because it's so stinkin' hot so I get no break and they turn into heat crazed psycho monkeys from a different circle of hell than whatever this one I'm in is?!

1 comment:

  1. I would venture a guess here... I think you have plowed right through the circles of hell, and are now sitting in the stanky-sweat-infused lap of the Angel of Darkness himself. :)

    I'm sending some cold, restful vibes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete