Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Best Toy Ever

Mr. Golden Curls practicing for his future life as a brooding artist

For Mr. Golden Curls' fourth birthday we got him a Kidizoom digital camera by Vtech and it's awesome! The flame case and face plate is actually Fischer-Price but it fits. We had to cut part of the face plate to keep from covering the flash but you can't tell. The Kidizoom seemed to get better product reviews than Fischer-Price's kids camera but had boring cases so we went with the best of both worlds! It doesn't take high quality pics but how cool that my baby can take his own photos of the things he loves, and I love seeing the world through his lense. It was a bit of a debate since it's a pretty pricey gift for a kid but I'm so glad we did it. It also has some extra fun features like being able to put clipart hats, mustaches and other decor on your subject, adding audio to your pics and taking short videos. A feature I could do without is video games. Once the kiddos figured out those were there they were less interested in the camera functions. If I wanted video games I would buy them video games. Small flaw though. And one of the games makes puzzles out of the pictures you've taken so that's kindof cool.

Gallery of Mr. Golden Curl's Photography


Keys on the window sill


A church through Grandma's car window


Grandpa's boots


The moped of our beloved Carl Dog through the window screen

4 comments:

  1. those photos are fantastic!!! What a great idea... I may have to get a camera for the boy-child now. :)

    And my advice: keep going... pretty soon you'll realize you're no longer having to try so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a pretty good artistic eye I would say. I recognize those boots and the church through the car window....I loved that one. But what did you expect. He has artists on both sides of the family. Musical and artistic what a combo for such a beautiful child! I am sure the Spitfire possess those qualities as well. If you can get him to hold still long enough! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! Looks like he is developing his Momma's eye.

    ReplyDelete