Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home Sweet Home


Us moving in: here we are in 2008 having breakfast on our brand new kitchen floor on the day we closed on the house in Hot Springs. Those babies sure have grown up in the past 4 years!

It's nice to see you again. I haven't been here in awhile. I feel like I'm meeting up with an old friend that I used to be really close to but have been neglecting and feel guilty and awkward reuniting with. But I really like blogging and I'm starting to miss it. Facebook distracted me for awhile with its ease of use and immediate audience, but I miss composing posts, telling stories, and giving all the details. So I'm just going to jump in from here and pretend nothing ever happened...what problem in our relationship?

Things have certainly been happening, exciting things, and happening fast. So fast that I really couldn't have shared stories along the way anyhow. Things like a big move across the state, out of suburbia, and back into the house we moved out of 4.5 years ago! It went a lot more smoothly coming this way than going that way. No Bohemian living in a storage space above a shop, no 6 months separated. This time it was about 5 weeks of separation and he got to live those weeks in an honest to goodness house with friends.

Us moving out: here we are last week in our almost empty house ready to head back to NWA with an additional little boy in tow!

Ok, I feel I need to back up a bit. The hardest part this go 'round was all that led up to this decision. We knew we wanted to be back in this area, we miss it every time we leave, but leaving Hot Springs became a harder choice than we had anticipated. We had grown a lot by living there, we had met amazing people, our boys were in a phenomenal school...worst of all, we couldn't really share our struggles with a lot of those people we had grown to love. Once the path was set and we could make announcements it was such a weight lifted off of us. Moving forward on the overwhelming tasks of all that went into us moving seemed less burdensome when I could be open about it all.

We weren't planning on such a short separation, the boys and I were staying behind to sell the house, just as we had before. The Bohemian had imposed a "my foot is down" timeline of max. 3 months apart. Our tenant in our old house had other plans and moved out, without notice or paying rent. With the house vacated it was not a tough decision to go ahead and be under one roof as soon as we could manage. Thanks to my whirlwind of a mom-in-law we managed the move in less than 2 weeks!

And that, in a nutshell, brings me to the present. Later on I'll probably elaborate even more, I told you I had lots to say! Life is a wonderful adventure, one big, exciting, messy, loud, wonderful adventure, and I feel like sharing!

Spitfire, age 2, moving us south

 
Spitfire, age 6, moving us back up north

No comments:

Post a Comment