Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

These are my spicy pumpkin seeds I mentioned in yesterday's post. The only time we make these is when we carve our jack-o-lanterns and that just makes them an extra special delicacy at our house. The kids like them too, which always surprises me, and this year even the Little Mister ate some and kept coming back for more. It's a recipe I found a million years ago on the Martha Stewart Living website. Such a simple recipe and so good.

Martha Stewart's Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients
1 cup pumpkin seeds
(From the two pumpkins we carved this year we got 3 cups of seeds)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients
 toss to coat 
Spread on a rimmed baking sheet
 bake until puffed and browned, about 10 minutes.

NOTE: I totally disagree with this 10 min thing, it takes me much longer but every 10min I'll give them a stir.



No comments:

Post a Comment