Monday, August 31, 2009

Fundraising In The Digital Age

I was really shocked when Mr. Golden Curls returned home in his first full week of Kindergarten with his first ever fundraising packet. They really start them out this young?! I also groaned inside. I really enjoyed selling Girl Scout Cookies as a kid and earning my rewards, but in adulthood it feels a bit too much like telemarketing. It is however, for a good cause! It's to raise money for his fantastic school, a visual and performing arts magnet school. With a graphic designer for a mamma and a vocal performance major for a pappa our son was destined to go to this school!

Want to help support this cutie, or his school? You don't have to wait for him to catch you at your front door, this is the digital age! All you have to do is go to cherrydale.com (click here), order all the fantastic things you want before Monday Sept. 7th so we have time to tally and turn in, and when you check out be sure to put his student ID number: 51156 so he and his school get credit for your purchases. Then, voila! It will be shipped right to your doorstep! Who knew I'd grow to love the digital age?!

4 comments:

  1. Nope. Just not the same without a knock at your door, and a badly memorized speech. Kids these days.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's been doing that too at the church "would you like to buy something to help my church" "it's your school sweetheart" "Oh, um school" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds a lot easier than the whole door to door thing I did when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! We are still making the rounds at church and with family but I like posting to the blog and facebook much better than taking him around to knock on strangers' doors. But that's mostly because I'm incredibly shy!

    ReplyDelete