Saturday, August 22, 2009

Another Day Another Milestone

Day two of kindergarten brought glorious things Mr. Golden Curls' way. He got to ride in our '68 VW Beetle convertible! It's old, and not the safest for babies but he's a big kid now so what the heck! Not to mention the fact that I wanted to share the joy of pick up and drop off with my husband and this was the only way to do that.


Of course I have to share pics of Day Two's school clothes. Grammy has to see the results of us having way too much fun doing back to school shopping so there will probably be pictures of new clothes for two months. I'm lovin' the peace sign made out of band equipment!

Who's that spiffy armless guy on the right? Why it's Mr. Golden Curls in his peace sign shirt of course! He did come home from his second day with another gold star but also a note to please talk to him about paying attention during rug time. When I told him this he got choked up and teary and said "I told her I didn't want her to write that because I didn't want you to know I'd done something bad." He was also very disappointed that it had rained and he didn't get recess. Friday was the last day and brought no gold star and a slightly bad report that involved daydreaming and bar room brawling. They decline so quickly!

So we've finished off our first week of kindergarten. I think I survived and I even learned a few things:
1. Dropping him off at his class is a lot harder for me than just waving good bye from the driveway while my husband drives off with him.

2. There is such a thing as teacher crush at first sight.

3. Nothing takes some of the spit and fire out of my Lil' Spitfire quite as well as separating him from his big brother.

4. A pick up line is no longer something said to me at a bar but an obnoxiously long line of cars that moves at the speed of evolution.

1 comment: