Friday, August 21, 2009

Major Milestone: Kindergarten!

Mr. Golden Curls started kindergarten on Wednesday. He's my first baby, the one who made me a Mamma. He's the reason for my career shift, being a graphic designer seemed a whole lot less inspiring in comparison to watching him grow. For five years he's been my 24/7/365 gig and then the day comes where I have to send him out into the big big world and it's good, it's time, but so very hard to do.

By the time the day came my little man was ready, he was proud to be so big and very excited to be learning how to read and write. He had also met his teacher the evening before and became instantly infatuated. After the first day he was exhausted, like a zombie and getting information out of him was like interrogating a well trained spy. He offered up only one thing about his day without being asked "Miss Mabry had on a different shirt today and some pants, that was different. And she also had on a belt today." I spy with my little eye...a cute little teacher crush!

My handsome boy in his brand new back-to-school clothes, spiffy new Vans and Lightening McQueen backpack.

The obligatory silly picture. Eat your heart out John Travolta!

The first school paper. He told me that's him as a robot and the red spot on his head is his button. I love the way his people now have necks that extend into the head. He was also sure to let me know that Miss Mabry helped him draw the curly hair and the green part of his eyes but the rest was all him.

I had a rare moment of brilliance while shopping for school supplies and had Lil' Spitfire pick out a brand new game for just he and I to play on big brother's first day of school. It gave him something to look forward to. He also got to go to Starbucks with Mamma and Pappa for chocolate milk and mochas, which he thought was big kid heaven. Yep, we're training them up right, Starbucks is just as recognizable to them as Chik-Fil-A! As it turns out the coffee and game gave me a good distraction so I wouldn't be a bawl baby all day long. It was a rough morning for me. It was strange having my baby in someone else's care for such a long day. At the same time it was blissfully quiet and I realized my Lil' Spitfire and I are going to get to have some wonderful times while brother's at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment