Thursday, August 27, 2009

Drowning In Baby Clothes

A few weeks before we sent Mr. Golden Curls to school for the first time ever I decided it would be a good time to clean out the baby clothes. Apparently I didn't think sending my first child off to Kindergarten would lead to enough crying, I had to add to that the purging of a 5 year old collection of baby wares. I'm just a person who can't stand to be wasting space with a bunch of stuff that's not being used, and this was a whole closet crammed from floor-to-ceiling, side-to-side with baby stuff that was no longer being used.

Turns out the deciding was more difficult than the doing. There was only a smidge 'o the misty-eyes. Of course there was also the fact that when I went through the "keep" pile for the second time, because there was still too much in it, I had to hug all of those things and say "good-bye" out loud. Oh yea, and I also did this with anything that was so trashed that it had to just be tossed. These clothes have now been through both of my boys and two of their cousins. Three of the boys were professional grade spit up machines, there are bound to be casualties. Ok, a farewell ritual to baby clothes is a little weird now that I'm about to be sharing it but I'm sure any Mamma reading this will understand, at least that's my hope. Otherwise I'm just a raving looney who happens to have two little boys and a newly emptied closet in her craft room!

Some things kids just don't throw away no matter how old they get. This is my 32 year old husband's dog from childhood, and no I'm not talking about the adorable Mr. Cash Pugface, I'm talking about that couch sized stuffed monstrosity he's cuddling named Shtebe.

2 comments:

  1. SHTEBE!!! I thought he was long gone! Bills' Aunt Amy made that for him, I know Mr. Cash will love his new buddy.

    By the way....Graham is WAY to little to be going to school!!! He looks so big in those pictures. They do grow up fast!

    Oh, and Happy Anniversary...some mother-in-law I am! Hope you had a great day.

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete