Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Pugfilled Valentine's Date

This afternoon I took Mr. Cash Pugface on a Pug date for Valentine's Day. Petco was having Valentine's pics so I wanted to take him for the nerdy pet lovin' fun. Petco's pics really are better than this but my scanner didn't do a great job. And my husband so rightly pointed out that he needs a black harness for times when he's dressed up! Of course his eyes also rolled when I said we could get one in about 5 min! When we arrived at the store we were immediately greeted inside by a female black pug, too cute! Doesn't he look so dapper? He's trendy too, going green in his all upcycled outfit!

This morning I decided he needed some Valentine's attire so I whipped up this doggie collar with tie! I made it by cutting the collar off an old shirt of mine, leaving the top snap so I didn't even have to rig another way to put it on Mr. Cash. The tie is made from an old belt of mine cut in 3 pieces, two for the parts that hang down, one for the knot. I sloppily stitched the three pieces together and safety pinned it to the collar. Since the tie is removable I plan on making ties for other occasions that I can attach to the same collar. It was such a breeze to make I'll have to whip one up a make a photo tutorial for it!

Look at what else this shirt and belt have made, saving the planet is so much fun!


1 comment: