Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Bohemian Life Part III

Back out of the cave and into the light, lets take a look around the Bohemian's new neighborhood.

Oh, so that's where the very loud splashing noise that we can hear from outside the apartment is coming from! A drip that's echoing through the parking garage across the street. There is water all over this town, it oozes constantly from the earth, bubbles up boiling hot (hence the name of the town), drips down cliffs and leaves some parking lots in a constant puddle.

This building is apparently a residence but they often have open house parties with some pretty rockin' garage bands. I want to make it to one before the Bohemian moves and we are back to living in normalsville.The Poet's Loft is only about a block away and is one of our favorite hangouts. It is becoming more and more interesting as I learn about the quirky owner from one of my fellow AREtsians, Ekioart.

I'm very excited about the old theatre, home of the Documentary Film Institute that hosts yearly film festivals. How cool is that! I'm no film maker or actress but I likes me some obnoxiously artsy films and the Bohemian has dabbled in movie making, I'd love to see him get involved.

This is our beautiful new, very old church. You can see in the second pic that the lovely Howard Johnson is butted right up next to our gigantic Jesus mosaic.


Our church's other lovely neighbors down the street include T&A tattoo and the French Quarter, a "gentleman's" club. We are mildly intrigued by a sign on the French Quarter advertising strip karaoke!


Who doesn't start their morning with breakfast and chance encounter with a completely tattooed man with notches cut out of his ears and horn implants? This is our kind of celebrity encounter! Sorry, don't know the guys name but he's all over tattoo mags and other media, he was in town for inksplosion, a tattoo fest happening in Little Rock that weekend. I'm a little jealous that my hubby got to go to this event. We saw our tattoos celeb at the Pancake Shop, my now favorite place for melt-in-your-mouth pancakes and mediocre greasy spoon coffee.

4 comments:

  1. wow that tattoo person is way out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous he got to go to the Inksplosion too!

    Oh yeah! The Pankcake Shop is great for their pancakes. If you ever have the chance, hop over to the Majestic for their breakfast, it's very scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ekio, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Majestic is completely shut down. Very beautiful old giant building just sitting empty. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that guy is just creepy! He needs to get away from my baby!

    There has to be something desperately wrong with someone who would do that to himself.

    ReplyDelete