Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Bohemian Life Part I


As I have written about before, my husband has moved to an artsy town four hours away to start a new job while the boys and I are staying behind to try to sell the house. On my last visit I was kicking myself for having left my camera at home but I got to visit again this week and this time my camera tagged along. So I have pics and here they are, a window into my husband's new bohemian lifestyle.

Hubby's apartment comes with a nice feature, the Exchange Street Cafe directly overhead. It not only provides wonderful food that we can run up on a tab, so quaint, but the added bonus of waking to the sounds of wooden chairs being shoved across wooden floor, the murmur of customers and the soft sounds of music wafting down through the ceiling. As you'll see in a future post, the ceiling is very short and the bed very high so that when laying down in bed you can't raise your arm straight up before touching the ceiling. So the restaurant sounds like it's cuddling up with us for a morning snuggle, or trampling us, that really depends on how busy it is.

Pretty cute from the outside. The brick part anyway. The rest of the building going off to the right is in a sad state of disrepair, as is much of Hot Springs. It's a strange town so grand and beautiful and run down and dirty and loved and neglected all at once. If you look closely at the far left of the photo you can see the Bohemian Man in his natural habitat.


A few words about what I associate with Hot Springs: dust, cold, stairs, water, old, doors. This is the apartment door, it is sunken down a foot or so into the sidewalk and for some reason I find this incredibly humorous and fun.


There is lovely art all over Hot Springs and everyone wants to be an artist of some kind. Here's the work of a blossoming graffiti artist who's work you can view all over the ally, classy.

Keep your eye open for future installments of The Bohemian Life. Next time I'll take you out of the sun and into "the cave". Sounds like a cosy home eh?

1 comment:

  1. It fits him perfectly, my little drummer who always marched to his own beat!

    ReplyDelete