Sunday, October 10, 2010

Countdown To Sonogram

Fine, I'll share a belly picture. I always take them just for the baby books but I'm feeling a little homesick. I don't see family as much since we've moved and I'd like to lessen the possibility that they will fall out in a faint or burst out laughing when they see I've developed quite the pooch. Baby is definitely on board!

Well, it seems there aren't many updates to make about baby from here on out. We're 16 weeks in and the countdown to sonogram stands at 4 weeks. There aren't anymore adorable fruit comparisons, everything is pretty well formed and just growing. As far as symptoms go those will be ever changing for the next 5 months, and many of them simply do not make for polite conversation. Just when I think nausea and exhaustion are gone it hits me like a ton of bricks and I'm laid out like a sick person. I have added massive heartburn, the likes of which I never see outside of pregnancy, to the list of complaints. I've heard that heavy heartburn is a sign that baby will have lots of hair. It seemed to be true with my Lil' Spitfire who gave me worse heartburn than his brother and was born needing a haircut.

I have been having the biggest urge to go out and buy something adorably girly because I'm having the realization that this really might be my last chance to buy something for a baby girl, one that might be mine, and I really want to. If I do it now then after the sonogram I can just "oh well, I'll give it to someone else" but if I wait and find out I'm having a boy I've lost the chance. Then I can have it around to daydream at because right now I'm having the hardest time wrapping my brain around the reality that there is actually going to be a baby in our household. Also, last night I had a crazy dream involving bad guys chasing us. We had to race to the house to get the baby from the sitter. Lo and behold, it was a boy. Now, I'm not a superstitious signs kind of a girl but...ok, I totally am a superstitious signs kind of a girl! But we've had some pretty bizarre signs of girl, like her possible name cropping up in strange places, pretty much everywhere, but I can't talk about that because we usually keep the name a surprise. Anyway, rambling post be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment