Thursday, October 21, 2010

Camping, Retro Style

My parents, the proud new owners of a '60s camper.

Last weekend we all took my parents' new camper on its maiden voyage. It was my first camper camping experience and it was a lot of fun. Really it just stirred up my old dreams of ditching life as we know it and bumming around in a camper! This was also the first camping trip ever where we couldn't have a fire because of a burn ban, that was strange. I'm pretty sure the boys didn't really think we were camping since smores on the fire weren't involved.

The Bohemian and I

Before

After
Graham experienced a right of passage on this camping trip by ignoring his papa's calls to come back, hurling full speed down a giant hill on his bicycle, and going off road and down 10' of heavily wooden hill before coming to a crashing stop. I saw it about to happen from the camp site and was a sight to behold waddling at full speed to go retrieve him.

The boys dining in camper style

They loved the camper and treated it like their personal playhouse.

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of...and here's some photographic evidence.





No comments:

Post a Comment