Sunday, July 12, 2009

Holy Giant Pergola Batman!

My bitty monkeys enjoying the newest shady spot in our backyard

The Bohemian and I have been together some time now. We've been married nearly 8 years and we dated for 6 before that. In all those 14 years of working together to make a relationship work, of giving and taking and compromise and forgiveness and sticking by each other it's only been in the very recent years that we've been able to even drive past a Lowes without launching into a fight that puts the World Wars to shame. I'm very proud of us though because this weekend we put up this Pergola and didn't kill each other or curse the fact that the other was born! Thanks to my folks for this awesome housewarming gift, I'm so excited when I get to de-bland our suburban cookie cutter and this is fantastic! Next project: build out the slab to accommodate the pergola, wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I've always loved Pergolas and want to build one too. Best of luck on the pad for underneath it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwah ha ha!!! This is Bill and I EXACTLY (except it's still WWIII if we step foot in a Lowe's). Safetying up the kitchen for the Pea was an adventure to say the least.

    Cool pergola! Very fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Maybe you should come stay with us while Bohemian fixes the pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I understand. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete