Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nothing Like Trucker Talk In The Morning

Lil' Spitfire got these really cool walkie talkies for his 3rd birthday. They're called Kid Tough by Fisher-Price. They are indeed tough and still work even after having both antennas bent into 90° angles . They are simple to use, no complicated bells and whistles. After my yelling "hold to talk, let go to listen!" across the house for an afternoon they've got them down pat. They're absolutely perfect for young children except for one major flaw, they pic up trucker CB banter as though those truckers are sitting right there in your lap. And, call me crazy but trucker talk just isn't something I'm keen on having my 3 and 5 year old listening to. I thought this might be a fluke but nope. You can read similar reviews here.

We picked up this talk once before but this morning Lil' Spitfire comes in while I'm still asleep, "Mamma, listen to this!" handing me a walkie talkie.
"You remember that woman so-and-so?"
"Yea, the one with the dark hair?"
"Yep, that's the one, remember what Bob used to call her?"
"Heh heh, yea..."
And click it off as fast as possible so my little boy doesn't have to learn what Bob the trucker used to call dark haired so-and-so. I don't need to be doing anymore of that kind of education. Just last night I had to explain to my Jr. High Girls Bible study group the definition of orgy because it was in the scripture we were reading, yea, the Bible is pretty hardcore! Anywho, that's about all my feeble heart can take for awhile so I think I'll have to confiscate them. Personally I think it's big fun and plan on listening in on those truckers from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Leave it to Aunt Sarah to give the boys a "real" education. I'm glad they like them though. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, when you tell me you like to spoil your nephews I thought you meant spoil them rotten not spoil their innocence :)

    ReplyDelete