Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Bohemian Life Part V



"I'll be so glad to get away from these roaches." The Bohemian says calmly as he bangs his big black boot into the corner of the room.

There's a light at the end of that tunnel. It's not the built in the 30's, all hardwood floors, yard the size of two, secret door to the giant attic light that I was hoping for but it'll do. It's a responsible, outdated interior complete with mauve sinks, 60's ranch in a tidy well manicured probably solely inhabited by old people neighborhood, with better resale potential light. It'll do. It'll get our family living under one roof. I've just dreamed of living in an old house and I thought this time it was actually going to happen. I'll need a little time to morn the death of my dream.

Good bye bohemians...


...hello suburbanites

Our light at the end of the tunnel. Assuming all continues to go well, we close June 1st.

I wish the comment about the mauve sink was for exagerated story telling purposes only but it is in fact our new bathroom. Along with matching mauve toilet and tile.

We can still get a cup 'o joe and a melt-in-your-mouth pancake at The Pancake Shop but it'll never be the same as popping out the apartment door and strolling up the street in the cool of the morning to get there.

7 comments:

  1. Cute little house! I'm sending up house prayers and keeping everything crossed!

    Hopefully we can have our housewarming parties together. We'll arrive in Port Angeles June 4 to our new house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, living in HS is a total bohemian lifestyle even if you are living in the suburban portion ^-^ I promise!

    *keeping my fingers crossed for you!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congratulations!!!

    I am so delighted to know that your family will be soon reunited, and in your own home.

    I think it's adorable. The design challenges are just that: challenges. I know you'll be able to make it yours in no time, flat.

    I live in a 1947 cape cod. It has its trade offs, trust me. It's never as great as you'd expect and now I dream of new, new, new!

    We have alot of seniors in our neighborhood, too. I LOVE THAT! You will, too. They're the best neighbors to have.

    I'm thrilled for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! All under one roof! The house is cute, and yes outdated, but with your creativity you will definately be able to make it your own. Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but those little ranch homes are PERFECT for the fabulous mid-century furniture you can find at thrift stores! In fact... if your neighborhood is loaded with seniors, you may find pieces at yard sales... Just consider the possibilities, and the resale value. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes.... LOVE the mauve sink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dream does die hard...

    Looks like we'll both be living in 'mid-century.' I keep telling God that maybe He can swing some pocket doors or secret passageway in my future dwelling place...:)

    ReplyDelete