Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Bohemian Life That Wouldn't Die

Well, that light at the end of the tunnel that I wrote about a few posts back has gone out. Or maybe in my fledgling optimism I should say it just wasn't our light. Either way, a survey was done to show the bank that noooo this house is not on a flood plain. Instead what it said to the bank is yes it's at a higher level than we thought but not high enough to bring it out of the flood plain and we'll still require flood insurance at an obnoxious amount monthly even though the house has never flooded. So we're out. We were supposed to be moving in under the same roof this weekend but the Bohemian must remain bohemian with his increasing number of roach buddies and I must truck it along in my temporary single mom-dom that's feeling less and less temporary as we cross four months of living apart. I know there are plenty of people in this world that have it so much worse than I do, that I should be rejoicing in my wonderous life but sometimes knowing that just doesn't seem to make it easier.

3 comments:

  1. oh man, that stinks! I'm so sorry the not-quite-right-but-good-enough house didn't work out, and that you're back to square one. Or at least two. You've got to think that the right house is still out there and the results of the survey were the way the universe has of saying "be patient! you'll love it when it happens!"

    You probably don't want happy platitudes... sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Sis. We're still praying here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs)))
    It will all work out! It will!

    ReplyDelete