Friday, January 28, 2011

What's In A Name?

I'm not sure but it took us an awfully long time to pick one for this child! We've known since we were 20 weeks along that he was a boy, immediately started the name search/debate and only last week settled on one. Really the only reason we finally picked was because we got stubborn and decided it was time.

What made it so hard? Boys names have always been hard for us, with this being our third boy it was just triply hard! We had a good list of names we just couldn't find one that stuck out more than the others. Also, once the boys had added their faves to the list it became very tough for me as a mama not to pick their names. I didn't want to disappoint them, especially Lil' Spitfire who had been talking to my belly and calling it by his favorite name! Once my honey let me off the guilty hook we were finally able to pick the name that I really liked the best, a late comer to the name list that wasn't even heard by all the family and friends who were trying to help us decide! I think that was another reason it was hard to commit to it, not wanting it to be something the family hates. Ooh, but the suspense, we don't reveal our names until we're introducing our babies to the world.

With a name picked I think my husband and I are really getting excited. He came home all giddy one day "I bought something for the baby!" *see picture at the top of this post* I love my nerd! Then we got all registered for baby stuff and we're finishing up the nursery. It's really getting pretty close, though the discomfort in my lower belly and back tell me it could be a long haul. The due date is only about 8 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment