Sunday, January 16, 2011

Harry Potter Party! Now Say It Three Times Fast.

I have no idea why, but Spitfire decided awhile back that he wanted a Harry Potter birthday party. Being only 5 he's not a reader at all, let alone one that can read Harry Potter. He's seen at least part of a movie and plays a Lego Harry Potter game on his cousins' Wii and that's about it. But the kid wants Harry Potter for his birthday, he gets Harry Potter for his birthday!

I was shocked when my mom and I couldn't find any Harry Potter themed party supplies but we ended up making a few cool things. I found the banners online and printed them on craft cardstock and my awesome husband hung them from crepe paper. My mom found Spitfire's Harry Potter garb and had the idea for the dry ice, which was a huge hit...with the kids and the dad's!

We gave the kids little blinking magic wands and they stirred up the "magic potion" until it was all done smoking.

This cake was painful for me to order, especially since I have a Sis' in law who is a brilliant cake decorator, but she lives 6 hours away so weird Harry Potter doing something only a fan would understand it was. Is it clear yet that I am not a fan and know nothing about Harry Potter? But the boy liked it so I was ok with it...I suppose.


Gift opening time is always total chaos! But it's a lot of fun to watch all the kids get excited. Spitfire loved everything he got and bounced off the walls into the evening playing with it all.

Spitfire is such a big kid now he got to get his own bicycle, no more tricycle. He has been so incredibly proud to turn 5. He's having trouble understanding he has to wait awhile for kindergarten and he's ready to pass down all of his things to the baby. The other morning he ran through the house yelling "Mama, mama, come look!!!!" he took me into his bathroom, "I can reach the sink without the stool! It's because I'm 5! Now the baby can use the stool to reach the sink!" I know this is only the beginning of so many milestones, proud moments, and growing up but he'll always be my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment