Friday, July 16, 2010

The Dangerous Book For Boys And The Encyclopedia of Immaturity

These are two of the most recent, and favorite, additions to our book shelf. They remind me of a big book of crafts my parents had on their book shelf when I was growing up. The Encyclopedia has all the card tricks, pranks and optical illusions that are so much fun to know and the Dangerous Book has, well, a little bit of everything from historical info to Morris Code. They actually came in handy a few weeks ago when the boys asked me how to make hats out of paper and I realized I actually didn't know. Then of course we couldn't just leave it at hat making, especially since the hats turned out to be too small for the boys, so we went on to making paper boats which can lead to nothing other than playing in the water. I think everything we do around here ends in water or mud.

Sock Monkey and Squid Tot Model their hats

Sock Monkey gets a little additional decor added to his hat. (check out Lil' Spitfire writing his letters already!)

We love a little informal experimentation in our household. How can we not? My husband and I are both super nerds and we are in possession of two curious little boys.

When floating them got boring it was time to figure out how to sink them!

No comments:

Post a Comment