Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Adoption Day Mr. Cash Pugface!

One year ago today I made the 8 hour trek to get my puggie from the animal shelter. You can read all about that and see more pics here and here. In honor of this day I'm going to get on my soapbox for a minute and say please, if you're considering adding a pet to the family, adopt! There are fantastic animals in need of homes, even breed specific pets! I found Mr. Cash Pugface through Petfinder.com and he was a Pug sitting in an in-state animal shelter.

A few more encouragements from my soap box:
  1. Read all you can about the species and breed you think you're interested in and give honest consideration to the breed characteristics, the time and the costs.
  2. Don't ever buy a pet from someone selling on the side of the road, you don't really know what conditions these dogs are bred in and good breeders don't sell their dogs this way and you could be supporting a backyard breader.
  3. Don't acquire a pet on the aww he's so adorable spur of the moment. (I'll admit, I'm guilty of this one!)
If you pick your pet wisely you'll enjoy each other a whole lot more, like I love my Mr. Cash Pugface! Happy One Year Pugaversary!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day!!! You are a lucky pug indeed, Mr Cash! Mom drove 4 hours to get me in Iowa, but my sister Fuji came from our local rescue. She's a great back-up dog - she's always got my back.


    love
    Gen & the Foo

    ReplyDelete