Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Change is in the Air

And I am NOT a girl who is fond of change! As my husband likes to joke "I like my rut, I spent a long time on it, worked hard on it, I made this rut all by myself and I don't want to leave!" None the less God often has different plans for us than we have for ourselves and I am being torn from my rut. My husband has taken a youth director position in a town 4 hours away from where we live now (where I reside in my beautiful rut and planned to be forever). This change comes with many perks, probably the most important being my eviction from the aforementioned rut, as my good friend Stephanie pointed out last night. We will also get a large raise, insurance and retirement (the last two are very new concepts for us!). All this is huge seeing as though we have two little rugrats, both boys, who we fear will eat us out of house and home and have us very familiar with the emergency room staff as they enter their pre-teen years! We do have some prep time for that though since they're 2 and 3 right now. The new church is a large, beautiful church with a wonderful children's program and everyone we met when my husband interviewed was helpful and seemed down to earth. It will be very hard but I have a feeling it will also be very good. Atleast my little business is exclusively online, it goes wherever I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment