Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wish You Were Here

I don't think there could possibly be anything more wonderful than drinking my morning coffee while staring at the ocean with my feet buried in the sand. We're back now but I think I can hold this image in my happy place file, something to think of when other things don't feel so great.

While we were there my nephew turned two.

My brother, sister-in-law and nephew open gifts and blow out the candles

Lil' Spitfire dresses up for the festivities.

The birthday boy plays on his new toy

Mr. Golden Curls and Lil' Spitfire join their cousin. The boys were so cute together and it didn't take them long to warm up to each other. Of course my boys have never met a stranger, I blame their Pappa for that!

Good times at the super cool water table. One of these might be in my boys' future in spite of all three boys needing a wardrobe change when it was all over!

Thank goodness there's a moment of wrestling, they always miss that when Pappa's not around. My brother roughs them up good!

The birthday festivities for the day included a trip to the zoo. And for Mr. Golden Curls there's nothing at the zoo for him other than the mini train. The whole ride he was blind to the awesome animals and instead was full of train questions.

I had promised the boys a trip to the beach. We didn't make it while in Destin so we detoured to Gulf Shores, Mississippi on the way home. That's where I finally had my relaxing coffee in the sand and the boys got to see the ocean. They've both seen it before but Lil' Spitfire was only about 3 months old. They were super adorable as usual!

The water was a little too cold that morning to tempt the boys too far in, I was kind of glad since that meant I didn't have to go swimming.

I think what this kid really needs is one more character in this outfit! Buzz Lightyear hat, Batman sunglasses, Curious George shirt, Nemo trunks, good grief! And may I just say this was one of my pre-mamma nevers: I will never put a piece of clothing on my kid that has a character on it. Oh well!

Brother's a close second with Jack Skellington hat, Batman sunglasses and Cars shirt.

My little boy isn't seeming so little anymore. I'm having a lot of those sighing-my baby's not a baby anymore- Mamma moments over my Mr. Golden Curls lately.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It looks like there was fun all the way around.

    ReplyDelete