Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out L(Ike) A Light

Saturday evening the remnants of hurricane Ike were making their way to our part of Arkansas and I was getting sick. My husband had just spent the weekend out of town doing manly guy things, you know, video games, movies, burping without recourse, and was heading our way too. He had to take a little detour to...(hide your eyes moms)...take some hippy hitchhikers to Little Rock. This wonderful man stopped to buy soup for me (all together like you just saw a cute puppy: "awwww!") and by the time he got home I was feeling the sore throat, body aches and fever. I couldn't wait for him to take over the wild monkeys so I could stare blankly at the tv. That tv zombie bliss lasted about an hour and then the electricity went out! It stayed out for 24 hrs meaning I was one sweaty feverish chickadee that night without AC or a fan! I was also a bored little chickadee since it took 4 days for cable/internet to return and I had barely enough energy to move from my nest on the couch.

Ike has moved on and my cold is slowly following. I'm back online, all is becoming right with the world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment